Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TWA Pattern





I went to New York City this past Christmas break and flew into JFk airport. As I was riding the skytran around the airport to Jamaican station I noticed the TWA terminal designed by Eero Saarinen. On my way out of New York I walked around JFK exploring the different terminals and I wasn't allowed inside of the TWA terminal, however I did manage to get some good photographs outside of the terminal. This pattern I created was inspired by a Victorian pattern made by Falkiners. The pattern reassembled a repetition of cross shaped naturalistic designs. I took my image of the TWA terminal and spliced it into many different arrangements by mirroring and copying different layers. The original picture was carefully sculpted out using a magnetic lasso and mask to accurately cut the image out.

No comments: