Monday, September 3, 2007

Blind Contours

At first when I heard about the "blind contour" I was a bit unsure of myself. When I started the blind contour I let my eyes guide my pencil. The only trouble I had was restraining my eyes from wandering off course. This "mis-guidance" would lead my pencil astray and in some of these you will notice numerous lines where there is some confusion as to where my pencil starts and stops. After doing a few I started getting the hold of it, and even though most of these are quite wretched I still appreciate the Aesthetic look to the images, not to mention the concept behind them.

In the Picture above of the Box you can see how the lines start to break away from each other. That would be a result of my rapid eye movement.

6 comments:

two + kitty said...

haha, the blind contour of Stoal cracks me up. It's pretty amazing that I could tell who it was though...my blind contour is mmm def not that good!

alexandra said...

The glasses are really nice. It does not look as if this was a blind contour.

Benjamin said...

It definetly took me a couple tries to get some of these to look decent. That might explain why the blind contours have some defined space to them.

Hanna said...

I agree with Shannon the contour of Stoal is pretty funny and I love the glasses because they are so different!

Hanna said...

I agree with Shannon the contour of Stoal is pretty funny and I love the glasses because they are so different!

Anonymous said...

I really like your blind contours. It is so difficult for me not to look at the page, and whenever I do it messes me up more than it helps me. Your blind contours are really good, especially since everyone can tell who your professor is :)